First funeral business in Manson was established by Mr. and Mrs. W. D. Long in a building on Main Street of Manson. In 1916 S. R. Williams purchased the furniture and undertaking business, operating the business with his wife until his death in 1927. Mrs. Williams continued the business with her son Gayle, in the same location until 1936. In that year they purchased a house two blocks east of Main Street that had been built in 1889 and moved the funeral business to that location at 1408 11th Avenue. A fire in 1945 destroyed the garage and east wing of the house, requiring extensive remodeling. Mr. and Mrs. Don Larson purchased the business in 1951 and did major renovation to the facility, adding an operating room, and enlarging the chapel and office areas. On January 1, 1981, the business was purchased by Dean Weishaar. He and his family continued to live in the facility and operate it until a fire totally destroyed the funeral home and residence on January 21, 2002. A new and modern facility was constructed on the same site, opening the doors on January 21, 2003. Mr. Weishaar takes pride in providing services to the community he serves in a fashion based on the belief that every family will be treated with the respect and dignity that he would want and expect to be shown to him in his own time of need, trying diligently to live the business's motto--"Professional Service With A Personal Touch".
Dean Weishaar was born on July 13, 1955, graduated from Havelock-Plover High School in 1973; graduated from the University of Minnesota in 1977; served one-year internship at the Huffman Memorial Chapel in Lake City, Iowa, and continued to be employed there until October of 1979, at which time he moved to Manson, Iowa, and began working at the Larson Funeral Home on October 15, 1979.